Wednesday 17 October 2012

Evaluating the Preliminary Task

Our task was to film and edit a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue. For this task we drew out a storyboard to plan out what we were going to do.

In this task, I was the camera man so I had to film the everything. I demonstrated match on action shot, shot reverse shot and 180 degree rule. We also used close-ups to show the sign on the wall to set the scene. However I didn't use a tripod so it was harder to keep the camera straight.

In conclusion I am very happy with the final result because I think we used all the shots including some other shots such as close up and establishing shot. I think our group could of keep the conversation flowing in the scene and I think I could of looked back on the shots we took, so I could check if the camera was shaking too much so we could redo that shot. I also think I could have zoomed in more so we could see the opposite person more clearly. But I do think the shot reverse shots were appropriate for the dialogue because it was conversation where one character is asking the questions and the other is answering them with simple  answers. I also think the group worked really well as a group because even though we all had set jobs, we still helped each other out. For example we would give suggestions to the director, if we think it will look/be better.

I think I am confident using the camera and imovie because I've got used to the basics on how to work the camera and imovie. I also know how to add different effects e.g. music, title screens etc.





1 comment:

  1. a good evaluation Chioma. You need to add your stills from the task to illustrate what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete